Have you always wanted to try yoga, but feel that you are not ‘good’ enough, not ‘flexible’ enough or not ‘thin’ enough? Does the thought of joining a regular yoga studio intimidate or terrify you?
In this ‘Discovering Yoga’ series you will learn the basic yoga poses and how to listen and tune into your own body for guidance. Yoga is for any body. In this workshop you are allowed to be yourself and are accepted for who you are. No one person’s yoga pose is the ‘right way’. In this series, you find what is right for your body so that you can reap the physical and mental benefits of yoga.
In ‘discovering yoga’ you will:
- Learn the many variations of each yoga pose so that you can find which one works for your body regardless of your level of skill;
- Learn how to safely and effectively transition from one yoga pose to the next;
- Re-connect body with breath;
- Build confidence in the practice of yoga and in day-to-day life;
- Focus on the present moment and learn to enjoy it.
Location: Champlain Heights Community Centre, 3350 Maquinna Dr, Vancouver, BC
Dates: Every Friday for 10-wks beginning April 19th 2013. Last class June 21st, 2013
Time: 9.15am -10.15am
Cost: $100/10 Sessions
To register please contact Champlain Heights Community Centre: www.vancouver.ca/champlainrec or at 604-718-6575.
Are you interested in the “Discovering Yoga” series being offered in your facility (e.g. workplace, club, studio, etc) then please contact us for more information.